PAKISTANI DESIGNER WEAR WASH & CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Traditional Pakistani and Indian Designer Wear need special care as they can be rich in colours, embroidered and embellished with delicate thread work, beads and stonework, so here a few simple tips on how to keep your clothes looking as good as new, no one likes it when colours fade, fabric wears out and hems get undone.
Follow a few tips to preserve your designer salwar kameez, so your clothes will last longer with regular cleaning and care:
- Wash Dark colours separately this is to help preserve dark items’ original colours and prevent bleeding onto lighter clothes, wash darks together using the cold-water cycle (60 to 80 degrees). Use the shortest cycle
- Do not use direct ironing or steaming on sequins, pearls or beads as this may cause melting or oxidization
- Do not bleach
- Avoid the dryer, this leads to cracks in the clothing, which reduces fabric strength
- Embellished and heavy embroidered outfits must also not be left hanging, dripping water on clothes-lines. water adds weight. hanging dripping clothes can lead to loss of shape.
- Do not wring or squeeze delicate costumes, while drying.
- Modern detergents do well in warm and or cold water, It really isn’t necessary to use hot water to wash clothing, use either a warm wash or cold rinse or cold wash/cold rinse setting. this not only saves your clothing, but saves energy too!